Friday, February 17, 2012

Week Six Tough and Sweet













Hello everybody,

This is is great and tiring. Although we don't have many materials to read, we have some tiring tasks. I read about Power Point Presentation. This tool offers a lot to teachers and students regarding teaching and learning. I went through different techniques about the use of the tool. PPT is an excellent too that a teacher uses to develop a certain skill in a student. I want to emphasize on the idea of learning or I could say self learning by the students. Personally I spent much time surfing and trying to locate some ideas and have some other facts and information about large classes, small classes and PPT. I spent some time talking to my coworkers, asking some questions about the use of PPT in the classroom. Once we have the discussion started we try to manage a short discussion one the issue raised in week six. The biggest and the most useful talk is the Nicenet. This tool helps a lot in enhancing my knowledge on the use of ppt and some ideas about large classes and small classes. I am positive that teaching and learning are tow words to be one. I appreciate all the participants effort and bright ideas presented on the Nicenet every week. I would like to add something about the use of ppt. Teachers can use the ppt to teach the following:
- Grammar points
- Phonetics
- Listening through songs
- Listening through programs or movies
- Vocabulary through newspapers
- Writing through pictures
- Speaking through pictures
There are other uses I might not mention because ppt is a tool with different uses. Teachers can come up with several ideas regarding ppt usages. 

Thank you very much for everybody participating in the course and making it goes smooth and beneficial to all.






7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Before this powerpoint was normally used to teach subjects with lots of facts/ ones that contain theories. Now, not only we can use powerpoint to teach grammar, we can use it to teach other skills too.

    Cheers,
    Nur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nur,

    I agree with you that ppt can be used in different aspects in teaching.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new prospective about using PPT will definitely add flavor to our language classes.The more we are aware of the objective of using a tool,the more we can use it effectively.

      Delete
  3. Hi Salam,
    I was going to write something serious, about the use of PP, for example, but I just cannot, I am laughing like mad looking at the dancing-walking skeleton in your blog!!! :)
    Why do you have him here? Is he somehow associated with Power Point?
    Yuliya :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yuliya,

      I am really glad that I make Yuliya laughs!! Concerning the skeleton it is only a reflection of the use of the animation on the ppt.
      You could use such animation to teach action!! Students can describe the picture, they can also speak about the picture and so on!!!

      Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Salam,
    I was wondering if there were other people who thought that week six was tiring. Somehow I've got this impression. It's due to the fact that we try learn and implement something new, not just the things we mastered before. And of course, this takes a lot of effort and time. But, as they things which require more effort are better mastered.:)
    I wish I could become an expert in PPT. Hope dies last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ludmila,

      Thank you very much for your words!! You know this week is tough because it requires thinking, thinking and thinking. We need to think of lesson plan, find animation, think of the hyper link, find suitable activity, try the techniques of the ppt, follow certain steps to make the ppt and .... This is why I say it is a tough week but sweet!! We learn!!!
      Thank you

      Delete