Wednesday, January 29, 2014




                                                                                        


NADA A HAMOOD ALSHARABI                          


IN INDIA
When I was first told  that I should write about a life experience   I thought what I am going to write  about , then a friend of mine told me why don’t you write about your trip to new Delhi which seemed too difficult as I cant brief two months on a few lines  ; but as soon as I started writing I could not stop ..
For me and for my friend it was a new city and so far from home; we did not know what we should expect; but what we got was even much nicer than what we thought.
We had great times discovering Delhi with its temples , old markets and modern malls .
I will never forget it is streets and our tours by  tok toks and metro ; I will never forget  the holi and the dance festival ;   that day when we saw the wedding and asked the father of the bride If we can join the party and he said with a big friendly smile (sure come on ) .
And of course I can't forget my institute CMC limited because in that institute I did not just learned more about Business communications and life skills I also learned many other things
I learned how friendship and respect can eliminate all differences between people  ;  it was the place which brought together people from 14 countries in one classroom to  share  their knowledge cultures thoughts and dreams , and later I found it is very nice to know that you have friends in many different  parts of the world and for my surprise I discovered that it is much easier to open your heart up to a friend who is so far away , I don’t know why   .
 Then there was that unforgettable trip to agra and jaipour where we saw  another side of India;  as usual charming and simple at the same time, I saw Taj Mahal shining like a pearl in the light of the sun , something I cant forget , the fact is although I saw it many times in photos , in reality it was totally something else , it was all white like it was built just yesterday  .
Above all there were the Indian people with all their diversity however  still have things in  common ; simplicity  kindness and tolerance ;  I remember that I asked one of the teachers in cmc how  do you feel about this diversity in your country don’t you think it can be confusing he just said no in fact I love it .
With my hijab I was welcomed in all temples and churches and of course masjids in Delhi ,Islamic and hindu landmarks ,I had never heard and comments about this ,  they are used to deal with people from all religions and Ethnicities , I was always thinking that  if Indians have the same mentality which we have , India will be torn to at least ten countries with about  22 languages , four main religions and I don’t know how many different ethnicities yet they have this sprit of each one should do his job without complaining .
 People in the Hotel were my family for two month, from the manager to the guy who wishes dishes in the kitchen , and I remember that day when I suggested  to cook Yememni food for the staff in the hotel and for my classmates and I remember how they loved it and how they kept thanking me for it .
As long as you have good people you will keep getting good things and with those people I believe that India will keep surprising us with its knowledge , art and beauty , even with their faults they still have many nice sides we can never deny .
Delhi may not be   the most beautiful city in the world ; but I am sure  it has something distinctive gives it a special place in the heart of the person who had  ever been there 
It is a city that combines Glorious history and modernity , where you may see all kinds of Contradictions  , the very rich and the very poor , the very beautiful and the very bad , the very spiritual and the very material but always not like  anywhere else , especially for someone who love historical places and love observing and communicating with people like me .  .
In  a short line it was a wonderful experience  in all ways,  I will always love Qutub minar , akshardham temple, the red fort, taj mahal and I will always love India  .

No comments:

Post a Comment